7 Reasons Why Ductless Heating and Air Conditioning are the New Black
What type of heating and air conditioning product has been functioning since the 1980s? This product has a lifetime expectancy of at least 20 years? The answer is ductless heating and air conditioning systems. I know it sounds unbelievable, but it’s true. What do you know about ductless heating and air conditioning?
Why use a ductless heating and air conditioning unit
There are some reasons why you might want to install a ductless heating and air conditioning system. A few of these are listed below:
- Your home may not have the necessary duct work
- Your home has no heating and air conditioning system and adding air ducts would be expensive and cumbersome
- Your home needs supplemental heat and air for certain rooms and areas
- You don’t want a an unsightly window unit spoiling your view of the outdoors
- You just prefer a highly efficient, money-saving heating and cooling system
Benefits of ductless heating and air conditioning systems
Ductless heating and air conditioning units offer you, the home or even business owner, many advantages. These proven systems are used the world over and have stood the test of time. Some of the benefits of the ductless system are:
- Control – These ductless heating and air conditioning systems can be operated using a remote control or wall-mounted box. The controls will allow you to change temperature and whether you want to use the heating or cooling mode.
- Efficiency – The entire system operates much more efficiently than a system with duct work.
- A system with ducts will lose some heating and cooling capacity as the air is moved along the duct work.
- You can control your ductless system in each zone. You don’t overheat or make some areas of your home too cool. You can even control everything with a hand-held controller.
- There is no loss of heating or cooling efficiency due to air leaks in your duct work.
- These systems have high SEER, or efficiency, ratings.
- Incentives – Local utilities and the Federal government may offer tax incentives for the installation of a ductless heating and air conditioning system. You should check with your dealer to have him explain and help you understand all your alternatives, if any, for incentives.
- Longevity – Like I said before ductless systems should last well over 20 years with proper care and maintenance. As a matter of fact, many systems installed across the country in the 1980’s are still functioning quite well today.
- Maintenance – These systems are quite easy to maintain. The major maintenance items for the unit are keeping the filters clean and changed and cleaning the coils. You can do these tasks easily.
- Installation – Installing a ductless heating and air conditioning system does not require any major renovation. The cost of adding duct work to your home is a high one. With a ductless unit there is hardly any mess at all. You won’t hardly notice the small unit mounted on your wall. Installing a system is easy and won’t put you out of your home at all.
- Size – There are various output capacities for the systems. They range in size from 3/4 to 2 1/2 tons, from 9 to 30 BTU’s. There is surely a size that will be an appropriate fit for your home.
A ductless heating and air conditioning system is a good system
ductless heating and air conditioning systems are a great choice for home comfort. They have many advantages and at times may be the only way to go for your needs. Considering its long life, energy efficiency and ease of use, you really need to give this system a second and then a third look.