Is your Air Conditioning unit more than 10 years old? If so, the federal government recommends that you replace it. The main reason is that the newer, ENERGY STAR qualified air conditioners and heat pumps offer significant long-term energy savings. Replacing air conditioning units 10 years or older can save a minimum of 20% on A/C energy use. Folks in Santa Rosa can always use the savings.
Some things to consider:
- Up-front cost vs. long term savings
- Rebates or other incentives that may save you money
- The brand reputation of the air conditioning unit
Is It Time for AC Replacement?
This checklist from ENERGY STAR outlines reasons why you may need to replace your AC unit:
- Your air conditioner is more than 10 years old: Older units may not be as efficient. New units can save up to 20 percent on cooling costs.
- Your air conditioner needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up: Your cooling equipment may have become less efficient.
- Your cooling system is noisy: You could have a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.
- Your Home Energy Yardstick score is below five: Your home energy use is above average and you’re probably paying more than you need to on energy bills.
Why schedule an AC replacement using a Trane unit from Affordable Heating and Air in Santa Rosa?