Breathe Easy: 4 Tips To Improve Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality is so very important for your home. You and your family need to breathe clean air to ensure health and just good clean living. If you are having issues with the air in your home I can help. There are several things that can be done for indoor air quality issues.
Poor Indoor Air – The Issues
I know that poor indoor air causes a great many issues including:
- Making people sick
- Keeps many from sleeping well
- Can harbor harmful pollutants and other substances, such as CO and radon
- Increases the risk for mold related problems
Indoor Air Quality – Improve It
There are some relatively easy ways to improve air quality in your home. In my many years in the business I have seen just about every issue imaginable and know there are ways to improve indoor air. Let’s look at a few ways to tackle this problem:
- Air-purification systems – One of the best, and easiest, ways to improve indoor air quality is with the installation of an air purification system. This filters the air in such as way that you and your family breathe very clean air. Allergies are greatly diminished when you breathe cleaner air. Of course, issues such as mold, mildew and asthma are helped out also. Not only will an air purifying system help clean your home’s air but it will give you the peace of mind in knowing that it is continually working to scrub your dwelling’s air.
- Humidity issues – Many homes have issues with humidity. Too much humidity and you have to deal with issues such as mold and mildew. In this case we can install a de-humidifier and take care of your problem. But you can also have too little humidity in your home. This causes dry skin, scratchy throats and several other issues. We can add a humidifier and help alleviate this problem. Can you have both issues in one home? There are some cases in which this might happen. If this is your issue don’t fret. I can consult with you and we will figure out what we need to do.
- Gas monitoring – The main gas you will have a problem with is carbon monoxide (CO). This can be a real issue in your home. CO is an odorless and tasteless gas that can overwhelm you before you even know it. Most problems with this gas are the result of a faulty furnace. I can inspect your furnace, and really your entire house, and educate you on CO and its hazards. Installing a CO monitor is always wise and with each new furnace installation a CO monitor installation comes with it. CO is not the only gas you can have issue with in your home. Radon can be an issue also. I can take a look at your entire home and determine if you have gas issues. This is also great for your peace of mind.
- Filters – The filters in your home heating and cooling equipment play a big part in determining indoor air quality. These need to be changed often. I can educate you about filters and show you all you need to know to change these filters on a regular basis. This is an area of air quality you never want to get lax on.
Indoor Air Quality – Take Control
The air you, and your family, breathe in your home is essential for good health and just clean living. Ensure both of these by taking steps to improve your indoor air. If you have any concerns I am here to help.
Tags: indoor air quality