HVAC Contractors in Santa Rosa and Humidifiers–Is Winter Dehydrating You Like Beef Jerky?
When one of our heating and cooling clients call in complaining of sore throats, nosebleeds and dry skin, HVAC contractors in Santa Rosa know the culprit might not be a simple cold or flu. Santa Rosa generally has a low humidity, but in the winter when the windows are closed, the furnace is blowing and outside air is dry, your body can dry out even more quickly. Low moisture levels in the air can make you feel like beef jerky or leave you feeling sick.
During the winter months, lower humidity in the home can lead to several problems including cold and flu symptoms, dry skin, nosebleeds, damage to furnishings, snoring and static electricity. In many cases, simply bringing up the humidity levels in the air solves many of these problems. The best way to raise the moisture levels in the air is to use a humidifier. Installing a humidifier can make a big difference.
Benefits of Contacting HVAC Contractors in Santa Rosa About Humidifiers
- Feeling healthier – By installing a humidifier, many cold or flu symptoms can be reduced. Mucous membranes such as ones your nose and throat will remain moist and able to resist germs better. This means you might not get sick as often.
- Healthier skin – With proper moisture levels in your home, your skin will remain soft, elastic and less itchy.
- Reduce snoring – In many cases, snoring can be reduced by a humidifier. While it doesn’t completely cure it, reducing the noise is often a relief.
- Your home feels warmer – Proper moisture levels in the home help make the air feel warmer. This can help with your heating bills as you might be able to lower the thermostat a few degrees.
- Less static electricity – While zapping someone might be a lot of fun, static electricity can be reduced by humidified air. It also helps with frizzy hair and clothes that don’t drape well.
- Protects surfaces of your home – Dry air also affects many things in your home. Wood is especially susceptible to damage in dry air. Cabinets, furniture and floors can crack or break. If you have peeling wallpaper, dry air could be to blame.
Humidifiers – Make a big difference
HVAC contractors in Santa Rosa can fix your humidity problems by installing a humidifier. There are several different types and models and your heating and cooling expert can advise you on what you need.
So if you have sore throats, nosebleeds or static electricity issues, call your HVAC contractors in Santa Rosa today to discuss your humidifier needs.
If you’re searching for HVAC contractors in Santa Rosa, please contact us! We’d be delighted to make your home a healthier, happier place. We’ve been serving the Santa Rosa community for over 25 years with high quality, factory trained technicians.