Finding a Reliable A.C. Repair Contractor in Santa Rosa
Although you may be relying on your air conditioner to keep your Santa Rosa home at an ideal temperature at the moment, now is the time to think about any air conditioner repair before you need it in the future. If your heating and air conditioning system is in need of service, you want to already know a reliable A.C. repair contractor in Santa Rosa to get the work done quickly. But how do you know if the company you are considering is going to provide you with top notch air conditioner repair without over charging you?
When the June’s family moved into their home in Santa Rosa in mid-spring, they received an inventory of all their appliances, the warranties and dates of previous service. I wish all buyers knew enough to get this information. They also got the owner information for each appliance which they filed for safe keeping. I wish all sellers were so thorough and accommodating.
The next thing June did was to investigate the businesses that had previously worked on any appliances that had been serviced. Some of those businesses did not meet June’s strict criteria and so she began searching for repair contractors that she would feel more comfortable with. One of the companies that she sought out was a more reliable AC repair contractor in Santa Rosa.
June’s air conditioner had already been serviced before they purchased the home, but June did not want to have to interview new HVAC contractors in the middle of a crisis any more than she wanted to interview repair services for her refrigerator or washer/dryer. So June began the process of seeking an A.C. service contractor in Santa Rosa that she could work with.
First Search for A.C. Repair Contractor Santa Rosa
A quick Google search for A.C. repair service Santa Rosa resulted in several pages of potential companies. June needed to find a way to narrow her search significantly.
The next step she did was to check out the business rating websites like Yelp or Angie’s List. Unlike a company’s website, these sites will provide you with both positive and negative reviews of any given company.
June thought it might be a good idea to start with the companies located right in Santa Rosa not only to narrow her search a bit, but also ensure that the companies she was considering were familiar with her part of town. Even a GPS is not as good as familiarity.
June also used this search as a way to meet her new neighbors searching for those who had lived in the area longer to hear what they had to say about local Santa Rosa air conditioning repair and other service companies they used. A face-to-face conversation provided June with details not listed online and she wrote notes as she visited. June is just that good a researcher.
Dig A Bit Deeper
Once June had done a search for a reliable A.C. repair contractor in Santa Rosa, had visited rating sites, and talked to her neighbors she had narrowed herlist of potential companies down. Next, she called each of the remaining A.C. contractors to get more detailed information.
Here are some of the questions she asked them:
- Do you have factory-trained technicians? – When considering an air conditioner repair company, June wanted one who had been trained by the experts.
- Are you local to this area? – While there is no guarantee that a family-owned and operated business can provide June with more reliable service, we are proof that is often the case. A small local business has a lot more riding on every service call and is more likely to go above and beyond to ensure that clients are not just satisfied but happy with their work.
- How long have you been in the business? – If an affordable heating and air conditioning company has been in business for quite some time, it is likely that they are not only reliable but good at what they do.
Contact Them Again
After completing her research, June looked over her list and found that she still had too many businesses. Then she thought that she might still have a few questions. She contacted the A.C. contractors once again and asked some more detailed questions.
Here are some of the additional things she asked:
- Do you have insurance? – June chose not to let anyone do work on her home who was not properly insured.
- Do you inspect before providing an estimate? – Any contractor that says he can provide an accurate estimate without taking the time to inspect the work that needs to be done should be avoided.
- Can you do custom repair or installation jobs? – June knew that every home has unique properties and parameters and sometimes factory designed systems simply will not do.
After an exhaustive search to find an reliable A.C. repair contractor in Santa Rosa, June chose Affordable Heating and Air. We were as honored as if we had won an award at a wine festival.
If you have more questions about air conditioner repair or would like to begin your search for a reliable A.C. repair contractor in Santa Rosa that has been time tested and has the credentials and references to prove it, contact us at Affordable Heating and Air. Our number is 707-953-3345.