Heating and Furnace Replacement in Santa Rosa
Paying too much for furnace repairs?
It is recommended that you replace your heater or furnace when the cost of repairs approaches 30% of the value of your heating system. Why? Because a new system can be up to 50% more efficient! With the new furnace replacement in Santa Rosa, the utility savings begin to pay you back immediately.
How a Replacement Pays You Back
Technological developments in central heating technology are improving energy efficiency as much as 7% per year. Replacing a heater, air conditioner or furnace that is more than 10 years old is likely a great choice. Our highest efficiency systems can cut your heating and cooling bills in half, depending on the efficiency of your old system.
Here are 5 Warning signs that might help you determine if it is time for furnace replacement in Santa Rosa:
It is important to know the 5 warning signs that your furnace may need replacing. It is especially important not to wait until a crisis occurs.
1. What is the age of your furnace?
The average life expectancy of furnaces in homes today is between 16 and 20 years. If your furnace is close to this age or older, you should begin shopping.
2. Is your monthly bill going up?
Rising gas and electric prices are not the only reason for high bills. Furnaces often lose their efficiency as they age especially if they have not been properly maintained. As a result your furnace may run longer to provide the same amount of heat.
3. Any Furnace Repairs in the last 2 years?
Furnaces incur the most breakdowns in the last 2 years of their lives. As a furnace ages, it gets harder to get replacement parts.
4. Is your burner flame yellow instead of blue?
- A yellow or flickering flame may be a sign that poisonous carbon monoxide could be created by your furnace.
- Other possible signs of carbon monoxide are:
- Streaks of soot around furnace
- Absence of an upward draft in your chimney
- Excess moisture found on windows, walls, or other cold surfaces
- Excessive rusting on flue pipes, other pipe connections, or appliance jacks
- Small amount of water leaking from the base of the chimney, vent, or flue pipe; Rust on the portion of the vent pipe visible from the outside.
5. Is your furnace making strange noises?
Old furnaces often start to make some strange noises as they get toward the end of their life. Have you heard any banging, popping, rattling, or squealing noises coming from your furnace? Another noise is when you hear the furnace blower running excessively. Does your blower turn on & off frequently or does it blow cold air sometimes? If so, this is a sign that your furnace may need to be replaced.
We have many fine Trane options when you decide you need furnace replacement in Santa Rosa. Let us share them with you.