HVAC Contractors in Santa Rosa and Dehumidifiers–5 Signs Your Home Thinks It’s a Sponge
Is your home a little too homey and just never seems quite clean enough? Do you have a funky smell you just can’t trace down or mold issues? Does it seem like it’s holding more moisture than a sponge?
Maybe you’ve even considered calling one of the HVAC contractors in Santa Rosa, but don’t want to sound like you don’t know what’s going on in your own home. Regardless, you need to find out what’s going on. Having too high a humidity level in your home can cause health and cleanliness issues, so taking care of it quickly is very important! In this article, we’ll look at five signs that your home may need a dehumidifier.
5 Signs Your Home Thinks it’s a Sponge:
What are the signs that your home is retaining too much moisture and it’s time to call HVAC contractors in Santa Rosa to set up an appointment? Your home’s humidity level is probably a problem when:
- You have regular condensation on the glass on your doors and windows. Condensation forms when the temperature on one side of the glass is significantly lower than on the other and water from the atmosphere condenses onto it, making a foggy appearance. It’s okay on occasion, but it shouldn’t be happening all the time.
- Mold and mildew spots start to form, usually in wet areas like kitchens and bathrooms or in dark, quiet corners in your home. Not only does it look terrible, it’s very unhealthy. If you can’t get HVAC contractors in Santa Rosa scheduled immediately, at least clean up the mold and mildew to keep your home safe.
- An odd smell shows up that you can’t trace to its source. Whether it’s a musty, mildew smell or just something a little too earthy, it’s a sign that there’s too much moisture in your home.
- Gray or white water marks on your home’s sides or in your basement is a sign of too much moisture. As the water evaporates away, it leaves unsightly water marks behind.
- When something just seems off. Even if you can’t put your finger on exactly what’s wrong, a good home inspection by qualified HVAC contractors in Santa Rosa will help you track down moisture issues you may otherwise miss.
Why Fix Excess Moisture?
- Your health. A drier environment helps reduce or eliminate unhealthy mold and mildew, reduces skin and respiratory tract irritations, and baked goods such as bread will keep longer.
- Your home. Did you know that lower humidity in your home will make the wood last longer? It also helps prevent insect infestations, which often start because of water availability in a dark, sheltered environment. Because dehumidifying your home helps your air conditioner operate more efficiently, you’ll save money on power bills. Your appliances and electronics will also enjoy a longer life in a drier environment.
- Your cleaning routine. A drier home doesn’t have that odor and look better, as well as having reduced general cleaning and dusting and having your laundry dry faster.
HVAC Contractors in Santa Rosa and Humidifiers Can Fix the Problem
Installing a dehumidifier is a great way to reduce humidity in your home and it will pay for itself through better health, living conditions and reduced bills. This simple installation will make a big difference in your quality of life.