Santa Rosa HVAC Contractors Reintroduce the Long-Lasting Ductless Heating and Air Conditioning
Is there actually a ductless heating and air conditioning system that has lasted since the 1980s? I don’t know. There is no proof of this urban legend, but there is no doubt that Santa Rosa HVAC contractors and others around the world have been installing them since the 80s. Yes, I said around the world. Ductless heating and air conditioners became popular with HVAC contractors in Japan and many other countries followed in Japan’s footsteps.
So what is this system and why would I offer it to you here in Santa Rosa? Let me tell you about Mrs. Gonzales.
Mrs. Gonzales lived in one of the older homes in our area. For years she used window air conditioner units, but after the last one seized up, she was ready to try something new. As Mrs. Gonzales said, you can teach an old mamacita new tricks. We installed a ductless heating and air system in her home and she suddenly had heating and cooling throughout her home.
Why use a ductless heating and air conditioning unit
A ductless heat pump is a highly efficient heating and cooling system, according to many Santa Rosa HVAC contractors. It is easily installed as a heat source for electrically heated homes.
Other benefits include:
- Ductless heat pumps use 25 to 50 percent less energy to heat your home
- Comfort – an ultra-quiet fan evenly circulates air throughout the room(s), eliminating hot and cold spots
- Low-cost, easy installation that is quick, simple and inexpensive. And there is little or no disruption to your home
- Ductless systems come standard with air conditioning so you can get rid of those window units
Why would you want one?
- Your home may not have the necessary duct work
- Your home has no central heating and air conditioning system and adding air ducts would be expensive and cumbersome
- Your home needs supplemental heat and air for certain rooms and areas
- You don’t want a an unsightly window unit spoiling your view of the outdoors
- You prefer a highly efficient, money-saving heating and cooling system
Ductless heat pumps are especially effective for electrically heated homes or areas where duct work does not exist or is not possible. They are also a good option for home remodeling, additions, and new construction. They are well-suited to homes with open floor plans.
Santa Rosa HVAC contractors suggest a of ductless heating and air conditioning system
Ductless heating and air conditioning units offer you, the home or even a business owner many advantages. These proven systems are used the world over and have stood the test of time. Some of the benefits of the ductless system are:
- Control – These ductless heating and air conditioning systems can be operated using a remote control or wall-mounted box. The controls will allow you to change temperature and whether you want to use the heating or cooling mode.
- Efficiency – The entire system operates much more efficiently than a system with duct work.
- A system with ducts will lose some heating and cooling capacity as the air is moved along the duct work.
- You can control your ductless system in each zone. You don’t overheat or make some areas of your home too cool. You can even control everything with a hand-held controller.
- There is no loss of heating or cooling efficiency due to air leaks in your duct work.
- These systems have high SEER, or efficiency, ratings.
- Incentives – Local utilities and the Federal government may offer tax incentives for the installation of a ductless heating and air conditioning system. You should check with Santa Rosa HVAC contractors to have the one you choose or me explain and help you understand all your alternatives for incentives.
- Maintenance – These systems are quite easy to maintain. The major maintenance items for the unit are keeping the filters clean and changed and cleaning the coils. You can do these tasks easily.
- Installation – Installing a ductless heating and air conditioning system does not require any major renovation. The cost of adding duct work to your home with a traditional central heating and air system is a high one. With a ductless unit there is hardly any mess at all. You won’t hardly notice the small unit mounted on your wall. Installing a system is easy and won’t put you out of your home at all.
- Size – There are various output capacities for the systems. They range in size from 3/4 to 2 1/2 tons, from 9 to 30 BTU’s. There is surely a size that will be an appropriate fit for your home.
A ductless heating and air conditioning system is a good system
Ductless heating and air conditioning systems are a great choice for home comfort in Santa Rosa. They have many advantages and at times may be the only way to go for your needs. Considering its long life, energy efficiency and ease of use, you really need to give this system a second and then a third look with your Santa Rosa HVAC contractor.
Mrs. Gonzales sent me a Thank You card she was so happy with her new ductless heating, air and remote control tricks.