Sleep Safe and Secure with a Carbon Monoxide Detector

Tina and her kitty are safe now that the home has a new carbon monoxide detector. Tina and her family knew something was wrong. They could not put their finger on it. Nor their ears, nose or tongue for that matter. What they didn’t realize was that Ann and her family were dealing with carbon monoxide (CO).

Most people associate carbon monoxide threats with fuel-burning heating systems. The fact of the matter is that many carbon monoxide threats exist around your home. Having a reliable way to detect these threats is essential. This is where a carbon monoxide detector comes onto play.

Why you need a carbon monoxide detector

Ann went home to visit her parents over the winter college break. In tow was her new kitty she had just rescued. Once home things went downhill fast.

Tina’s new kitty started vomiting. Suddenly, the entire family started having headaches and feeling sick. Tina’s father, an engineer, realized there was a problem with the heater. After spiriting everyone out of the house, including the new kitty, Tina’s father called me.

I went over to the house and found high levels of carbon monoxide. The family got out in time and avoided a huge catastrophe, mainly all of them dying. We promptly installed carbon monoxide detectors and the family was able to rest better at night.

Benefits of having a carbon monoxide detector

The U.S. EPA states, “Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home.” You can easily see that it’s vital to have the device in your home. Some benefits of having a detector are listed below:

  • Your HVAC tech can show you a professional carbon monoxide detector.The carbon monoxide detector serves as an early warning device for a build-up of the gas in your home. In addition to your heating system, wood stoves, vehicles and other fuel-burning devices produce carbon monoxide. Even your gas burning water heater can produce the deadly gas. It’s vital to have your detector year round, not just in winter when the heating system is in use. Sensing the gas is the first line of protection for you and your family.
  • Not only does the detector sense the carbon monoxide but it emits a loud alarm to alert you it’s time to get out of the house. When the alarm rings it’s time to go. Wasted time can lead to death! The noise from the detector can be heard all around your home. So even if your detector is located away from where you are the sound will alert you that it’s time to run.
  • You need peace of mind. Just knowing you have a carbon monoxide detector will allow you to sleep better at night. Being safe and secure from the gas in your own home is a great feeling. Protecting yourself and your family is something that money can’t buy.

You need a carbon monoxide detector

If you have any doubts about whether you need the device in your home give an HVAC technician a call. Chances are you need several carbon monoxide detectors in your dwelling to make it safe and secure from carbon monoxide.

Remember, the gas is odorless, tasteless and colorless. By the time you figure out something is wrong chances are its too late for you, and your family. You will all be dead!

Let’s not take chances. I will check out your home and make recommendations for the size, type and where the carbon monoxide detector are needed. It’s not a question of if they are needed but a question of how soon do you want them. Protect yourself and your family. Call me at 707-953-3345.

_______________________________________________

Related articles:

Breathe Easy: 4 Tips To Improve Indoor Air Quality

The Heat is On: Choosing Between Gas Heat vs. Electric Heat

_______________________________________________

About Chris Carpenter

Chris Carpenter has owned Affordable Heating and Air for 25 years. Chris is a fully factory-trained technician with a wealth of knowledge about heating and air conditioning. He enjoys educating homeowners about the pros and cons of each systems so they can make an informed decision when addressing their needs. Chris’s son and business partner, Paul, has been working with him for the last three years and their key to success is “being professional, honest and forthright in all our dealings and treating people as they would like to be treated.” You can reach Chris by calling 707-953-3345 at Affordable Heating and Air.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tags: , , , ,